FMC FIRSTLINE® TERMITE DEFENSE SYSTEMSM
Results of Florida Termite Bait Field Studies
- FMC Corp. studied its termite baits during a three year period at
eleven residential properties in three Florida counties—Flagler,
Seminole, and Polk.
- Despite many years of conventional treatment techniques, using
various termiticides, all the homes continued to suffer extensive
termite activity and damage.
- Researchers used FMC’s SMARTDISC™ Locators and Monitors to detect
and locate the termite activity around the exterior of the homes. When
they located activity, they replaced the monitors with various
FirstLine® Termite Bait Stations in or near the same location. In some
instances, baits were used in the original installation.
- No liquid products were used in this study once the monitoring and baiting process began.
- In all cases, termite activity in the structure was stopped.
- FirstLine® Termite Bait Stations alone can provide structural protection.
- Sulfluramid is an effective, non-repellent termite bait toxicant.
- Termites consume a lot of bait with corresponding decline in activity.
- Structures must be monitored for the long term because of reality of future attack.
- Bait consumption must be constant and consistent.
For more information, view the following charts:
Chart 1: Monitor/FirstLine® Termite Bait Installation
Chart 2: Structure #1
Chart 3: Structure #2
Chart 4: Structure #3